Eric Saunders is an Engineering Manager at the Stellar Development Foundation, a blockchain non-profit that focuses on improving equitable access to the global financial system. He has degrees in Computer Science and Physics, and a PhD in Astrophysics, and has been writing code since 2000. Previously, Eric was Director of Engineering at Las Cumbres Observatory, a non-profit, professional astronomical observatory.
Areas of Expertise
- Leading software teams
- Agile development
- Best practices in software engineering
- Open source development
- Software engineer hiring
- Personal information security
- Project management
- Running remote engineering teams
- Python and Go programming
- Software start-up challenges
- Software deployment, operations and scaling
- Algorithms for optimisation
*Available to Members
**To best prep for the session, please fill out this survey at least 24 hours in advance of your session.